If you have struggled to maintain proper oral health care throughout the year, today is a brand new day and a brand new beginning to start caring for your teeth and gums, so they can care for you for many holiday seasons to come. No matter how much you may have slacked, there is still time to prevent future tooth loss, gum disease, or many other oral accidents that can plague you down the road.
Keep your smile shining this holiday season. Here are a few reminders to keep your oral health in peak condition:
– Avoid hard candies like candy canes and peanut brittle. They can easily chip or crack your teeth. Avoid chewy candy like caramels or gummies. Sticky candies can easily stick to your teeth and gums and can be hard to remove even when brushing. As an alternative snack, try sugarless gum to hold your appetite over between meals.
– Visit your dentist at Smile Time Family Dentistry for an oral examination and your regularly scheduled professional cleanings.
– Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily with either dental floss or a suitable dental tool approved by your dentist.
– Eat healthy.
– Cook more healthy foods this year, and fewer desserts, cookies, and pies.
– Do not indulge in-between-meal snacks. The longer sugar and other harmful materials are in contact with your teeth, the greater risk of damage.
You don’t have to fight the battle against bad hygiene alone this year. Our expert team at Smile Time Family Dentistry is here to craft you the best personalized plan for all your dental needs. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Wendy McCurdy, call us at 601-583-2000, or drop by our office in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. We look forward to making you smile this holiday season!